Friday, November 28, 2014

Sed lex Dura Lex

Well this is the second time I have posted this, since I accidentally deleted the draft on my mobile app. Anyhoo, in the past few weeks both Mockingjay Part one and the Bane Chronicles were release. I have yet to read The Bane Chronicles but I own my copy. my post title is a quote from City of Bones, "Sed lex dura lex," said Jace automatically. "'The Law is hard but it is the Law'." It seemed quite fitting since both Katniss and Jace are living in worlds with a strict set of laws (i.e. President Snow and The Clave)  When it comes to Mockingjay, I was one of the people who saw it at 8:30 on Thursday night. I was also alone. I usually wouldn't care about going to the movies alone but it meant that I didn't have many people to talk about it to.

                My personal opinion is that it is by far the best; they have eliminated most of the shaky camera and close up shots of faces. The story was changed just a little so there would be flow for the end of the books. It wasn’t something that I really minded but most people pointed out that Gale is more aggressive and agitated than in the books. I fully believe that the make-up/CGI that was used on Peeta was on point. It truly showed how malnourished he was becoming. That was something that I was lacking in the other movies. (It’s called the HUNGER Games for a reason!) I brought that point up to my sister and she disagreed. So I pulled out logic and references, so she conceded a little.


            So, The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees, Cassandra Jean (Author and Illustrator) were originally released individually as e-shorts but all ten of the stories are combined in to a book released November 11.  These stories are about the enigmatic, flamboyant and AMAZING Magnus Bane. I believe that it is widely accepted if not canon, that these stories are the stories that Magnus wrote down for Alec. While we are on the subject of Magnus and Alec, I believe that they might be one of my favorite couples of time.  I haven’t read these stories yet, I wanted to read The Infernal Devices first, but I have yet to read those either. 

Throughout the TMI series Magnus Bane was always there to help but his character was very complex, as in we never knew much about him. I believe that Alec was one of the few reason he really opened up. I might just be saying this because I ship Malec hardcore.

These the nails that I made for The Bane Cronicles. I added the symbol for the Clave because as I just said I ship Malec. Also, to the right are my nails that I did for Mockingjay. The left hand which is pictured said "The Girl On Fire" and my right hand said "Burn With Us.". I wish
I had taken a picture of that hand but I forgot.


No comments:

Post a Comment