Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Eden Series--Georgia Le Carre



Each of the books was sitting just under two hundred pages so I didn’t count each one towards my Goodreads challenge. So I am reviewing the series.  It’s about 550 pages, if that. The formatting was a bit funky and the writing was super basic. I mean it took me maybe three hours to read all three books, and for the first hour and a half Captain America was on in the background. Chris Evans is quite a distraction.

That is how I would describe this series, I think. It didn’t grab my attention. Usually when I read not even Chris Evans can distract me from a good story but I was drawn into a movie I have seen countless times to not read this book.

Honestly there are two reasons that I kept reading. I read the description for Eden 3 and it was quite a captivating little blurb. I felt compelled to know what happened in that book. My second reason was that all three of the books were on kindle unlimited and I could read them for “free”.

Now onto the actual story line: in the first chapter you have the instant attraction, the lust at first sight kind of thing.  You have this sexy gangster who owns the strip club that our heroine is dancing at.  Well they fancy each other in the most carnal of ways. They give into their desires and a world wind romance ensues. Sound familiar because it sounds like most of the stripper-y books I have read. BUT WAIT! There’s more.  Of course I can’t tell you the more because that would be big ole giant 

However I can tell you that it is a nice little turn of events that takes this mostly cliché, slightly bland book up a notch.

When I say bland I mean that the characters weren’t all that intriguing to me, they fell a bit flat. I did not mean that the sex scenes were bland.  A bit overdone, like seriously how much sex can one couple have?  It wasn’t like just sex, I mean if they were ever alone with each other they were fucking, hardcore, rough and dirty.  I liked it.

Overall not great, but the plot twist in Eden 2 was definitely enough to keep me engaged.  Eden 3 was by far my favorite. I think that was where the most character development was.  Also there was more interesting things that happened besides sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment