Friday, May 6, 2016

Dreamology--Lucy Keating


Where to begin with this convoluted story? Alice and Max have a confusing relationship...as in they are the people of each other's dreams. Literally. They have never met before yet Max and Alice's lives are intertwined almost nightly for as long as they can remember.

Alice moving back to Boston was basically the catalyst to everything. First day in a new school and who walks into her psychology class--you guessed it--max. Now how does dream-max compare in real-life??? I think this may be one of the times where dreams are better than reality.

Alice and her "take-no-hostages" attitude is determined to figure out the WHYS? Of course, she also finds out that max remembers her and all their dream adventures.

The relationship between Max and Alice is rocky at best, considering that Max has a lovely girlfriend. Alice is demanding to find answers. In the twist and turns the two teenagers take, they also discover who they really are.

Granted they make some stupid decisions. I truly believe that it was mostly the shock of finding out your dreams love is real. That would make me do stupid things.

Then there is Oliver, I either needed more or less of him. Lucy Keating almost makes us believe that Alice will move on from Max but instead makes it so she is almost playing the two boys. All unintentionally though.

Over all I loved this book, read it twice in two days. The second time I categorized the heartbreaks and dream-melding. I also know I will read it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment