Saturday, March 21, 2015

With Me Series-- Komal Kant

This series is all interconnected but the books can be read as standalone. I recommend that, if you read them, you start from the first as I did but it's ultimately up to you.




Where to begin with this book, this was my favorite out of the series. In the beginning of this book Ashton was your stereotypical stuck up cheerleader. Luca is her next door neighbor with whom she hadn't spoken to in seven years--doesn't seem plausible since I don't even know my neighbors but I still talk to them about once a month and I usually try to avoid interactions. Luca and Ashton were best friends until his dad died and he pushed her away. By the time he came back to her she had moved onto new friends and a new personality. She was no longer the Ashton he knew, she was a shadow of her former self filled with hate and evilness.

She's a bully plain and simple. She gets turned in for bullying (yay books doing something right!) She basically forces Luca to be her friend again, or more correctly persuades him to her boyfriend so she can become popular again.

It is the petty stuff that is disconcerting, but on the positive side throughout the whole story Ashton is learning more and more about herself and by the end of the book she has truly found who she I supposed to be.Overall 3.5 stars.



I have a very hard time believing this story. Not only does the main storyline (which is a giant spoiler and will not be shared here) have a few gaping plot holes, there's the familial drama that due to the main storyline I find unrealistic to the extreme. It was a romantic loving story that doesn't really make much sense in the grand scheme of thing but it was enjoyable enough that I wanted to read the next book.



While I was reading this I kept checking the pages left, trying to see how they would resolve everything in the short amount of pages left. The fact of the matter is they didn't. The last few chapters should have and could have taken up half the book. Vincent up and changed his entire life and Estella got a tattoo which fixed all her deep seated issues out being sexually abused. This was my least favorite of the series and left much to be desired but also killed my enthusiasm to read the rest of the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment