Sunday, January 18, 2015

Feel the Burn!


So at work we are doing "The Biggest Loser", I am by no means overweight but I am also not healthy at all. I am what most like to dub as 'skinny fat'. I started off by weighing 138lbs about two weeks ago. I joined a gym solely for the purpose of taking their classes. Last Monday I came in to take one of classes, it said it was weights. It wasn't! It was a big 'ole bag of lies and body sculpting. Had I know that it was a body sculpting class I would not have run a mile for my warm up, cuz this class kicked my ass. I was sore until Thursday.
I was going to go back on Tuesday to do a class but NOPE! Luckily though, my husband has more than enough motivation for me. He knows I really do want to be back in shape but with working in the afternoon, I get tired. So he basically nags me, in the most loving way possible. But thanks to his "love" for the past week, I have gone to the gym almost every day and ran 5 miles. I don't do much else but cardio is important.

I also went into "The Biggest Loser" saying that I wasn't necessarily going to change how I eat because otherwise I would just gain everything back once I stopped eating that way. I did how ever decide to watch how much I ate. For example, do I really need to eat those ten mini-Milky Ways... probably not.

I am about 3lbs lighter and running my 5 miles about 8 minutes faster than I started with. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment