Monday, January 5, 2015

Clipped Wings-- Helena Hunting

            I have let myself sit on this book for a day before I wrote a review. The more I thought about it the more I considered changing my rating. Tenley has experienced a great loss and is all things considered a recovering addict. Hayden is still an enigma to me; he is an OCD "bad boy" with a past. Although, I have no idea why the OCD is really something that was stressed so much in this book.
            From the beginning Hayden and Tenley have an intense attraction to each other, but they also have secrets. Tenley works for Hayden’s aunt in the book store across the street from his tattoo shop. He's psuedo-stalked her since the first time he met, always popping over to the book store hoping to have a chance to talk to her. She stops by the tattoo parlor a few times to get piercings. From there she finally has the nerves to get a tattoo that embodies her past pain and tragedy. Hayden is, of course, the one to do the tattoo.
            But before they even get started on the full back piece, Hayden breaks on of his cardinal rules. He sleeps with his client, aka Tenley. Their relationship starts before any of their secrets or pasts are divulged. While, I understand not sharing your entire life, the issues that these two have might have been a good idea to share. She never shared what she went through and he never shared his past. For me that is the weirdest thing, the past that he didn’t want to share was his sexual past.  To me it wasn’t that bad. He was a rebellious young adult, did some drugs, and fucked a lot of people. But apparently it was a big deal to him so he kept it to himself the entire time. She failed to mention that she had a fiancé, who is now dead, and died on the way to their wedding.  That one, while I understand waiting a little bit, I don’t understand hiding the fact especially if you have real feelings for the person.
              The conflict in this book is mostly intriguing, drawing you in, making you want to read the next book in the series.  Honestly I think my favorite part of this book was probably the last two or three chapters. There was just so many new things introduced then and the drama, oh the drama! It was ramped up to the EXTREME! I was so pumped when this book ended that I immediately went on goodreads and rated it. That was where the 4/5 stars came from, now I would probably say 3.5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment