Monday, January 19, 2015

Sins & Needles--Karina Halle




I have a really hard time seeing why people enjoy this book. To me it was a book based totally on lies and deception. These are two people who care about one another and yet there are double crossing, betraying and blackmailing. Seriously, not a “feel good book”.  It, to me, was depressing and just aggravating.

But Karina Halle knows how to write a book. Damn, does she know how to write a book. This story, had I not found it disconcerting, was enthralling and beautifully written. The pictures she painted were vivid and detailed. The relationship between Ellie and Camden is a tangled, twisted knot of glorious conflict.  I have read many of her books and most of them I feel the same about, I like the writing style but not the books themselves.

Yay for Karina Halle, but not so much for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment