Saturday, January 10, 2015

Flare--Amy Isan


I first rated this book at 3/5 stars. The thing with that rating is normally I want to read those books again but this one I really don’t. So maybe 2/5 is better, I enjoyed it while I was reading it but not it just seems sort of bland and frustrating.

The book starts with Cassie basically hating her life and is depressed. Until one day she makes eye contact with a biker and her world starts turning again. I wish I could say that’s a lie but is really what happened. The next day she sees a biker who she thinks is her biker. As she is chasing him through traffic she hits another biker from the same MC. It wasn’t her man but he shows up seconds after she calls the police and basically says that she is stupid for doing that and asks her what she is going to tell the cops. He was implying that what was going down and what happened shouldn’t really be repeated.

Why does she need to “lie” to the cops? She was the one who hit him, he wasn’t doing anything wrong, so even if he had been doing something illegal that day there wouldn’t have been a need to lie to the cops because they would have questioned the HITTER not the HITTEE. Plus cutting off his cut is basically a sure fire way to let people know you are doing something not on the up-and-up.

Logan, her biker, takes her driver license to make sure that she kept her word and didn’t tell the cops anything. When he goes to check in with her the sexual tension is alive and well in her household. She wants him, he wants her, her roommate is a big ole giant cockblock. BUT what Logan didn’t tell Cassie is that his MC would want retribution on her… which I don’t really get, I mean it was an accident  she didn’t target him or anything like that so there shouldn’t have been a need for everyone to get all upset about everything; Which they do. Because he didn’t tell anyone he had her information she became a secret he was willing to kill for. He figures she’s worth it because there’s something different about her; she’s not like the other girls. She doesn’t fall all over him or is scared him. I call bullpucky on that, she is smitten with him, lusts after him and is quite scared of him AFTER she realizes he’s an actual biker not just a wannabe.

Anyhoo, I am actually sort of cranky at this book. There was so much potential and could have been better if the smallest details were changed, i.e. not an accident that put her on their shit list. I mean I did enjoy it as I was reading it, but I was “in” the story. Even then it wasn’t really clear to me but I figured it would be explained. And just so everyone knows there was a lot more to the story this is basically the first five chapters before the real spoilers start, it’s just that everything that happens in this book comes back to the fact the she’s his secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment